The Cannabutter in this amazing banana walnut bread recipe makes this a true comfort food! A slice of this with my coffee in the morning ensures a mellow, pain-free day. 🙂
There are two things that you can do that will ensure your bread turns out drool-worthy.
1) When creaming your sugar and butter together, do so for a full 2-3 minutes or until the mixture looks light and fluffy. You should be able to actually see a change in texture.
and most importantly,
2) Use aged bananas that have dark spots on them. When you feel them, they're squishy. This means that they're converting over to a natural sugar, which greatly contributes to the flavor and texture of your bread, making it both moist and giving it a rich flavor.
While you don't have to age your bananas to make this recipe, I highly recommend you do so. It's definitely worth the extra few days.
DOSING AND POTENCY
Recipe Yield: 12 servings
Serving Size: 1 slice
Dose Per Serving: 15mg THC when made with this CannaButter recipe. To bump it up to 30+ mg, simply substitute another 1/4 cup of cannabutter in place of the 1/4 cup of unsalted butter. Enjoy!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup CannaButter room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 bananas very ripe
- 1/2 cup toasted walnut pieces chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly brush a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with butter.
Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt into a medium bowl. Set aside.
Whisk the eggs and vanilla together in a liquid measuring cup with a spout, and set aside.
Mash the bananas together with a fork and set aside.
Cream together the butters and sugar with mixer at medium speed for 2-3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Gradually pour in the egg mixture into the batter while mixing until incorporated. Add the bananas - it will look curdled.
With a rubber spatula, mix in the flour mixture until just incorporated. Fold in the nuts and transfer the batter to the buttered loaf pan.
Bake for 55 minutes to an hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack until completely cooled.